AHA Healthcare Provider BLS (2015 Guidelines)
This is a video-based instructor led course that covers Basic Life Support (BLS) . This course teaches the fundamentals of saving lives of victims of all ages after cardiac arrest. The emphasis of this course is for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know basic cardiovascular life support skills.
CPR Instruction includes:
- Free CPR class
- Instruction book (cost of instruction book is $20 and is required for the class)
- Early recognition of Cardiac Arrest
- Critical concepts of both single and multi-rescuer situations for adults, children and infants
- AED use
- Adult, Children and Infant High Quality CPR
- Choking relief for adults and infants (Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction)
- Opioid CPR and Rescue Breathing
What to Expect When the Course is Complete
Students who complete this course will earn their American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS Certification Card that is valid for 2 years. This Certification is required to work in a hospital setting.
Disclosure Statement: The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association, and any fees charged for such a course do not represent income to the Association.